From 'Money Master the Game' by Robbins...
"What’s the simple and core investment lesson here? What goes up will come down! Ray Dalio told me point-blank that in your lifetime “it’s almost certain that whatever you’re going to put your money in, there will come a day when you will lose fifty percent to seventy percent.” Yikes! That means any investment you pick is going to lose half to two-thirds or more of its value! And don’t most people typically favor one type of investment because they feel they “know” more about that area, or because it’s currently providing a “hot” return?
Some people tend to put all their money in real estate, others in stocks, bonds, or commodities. If you don’t diversify enough, you stand to lose your shirt! Are you hearing me? No matter how well you plan, there will be a day of reckoning for every type of asset. So, diversify or die. But if you diversify well, you’ll win!'
'Why this record growth?
• It offers the potential for significantly higher annual returns than other safe-money solutions such as CDs or bonds.
• It provides a 100% guarantee of your principal—you can’t lose money.
• Your deposits remain in your control and you aren’t giving up access to your cash.
• The growth is tax-deferred and compounds annually.
• It provides income insurance, or a guaranteed income for life, when you select an optional income rider.
Robbins, Tony. MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom (p. 434). Simon & Schuster. Kindle Edition